Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Few Sadie-isms

This sweet, expressive face and personality lights up our days...


Sadie loves, LoVeS, LOVES blueberries - fresh or frozen - as seen in the evidence on her face. And her fingernails...they often look blackish, but I swear they aren't dirty!


Sadie loves to sing. She sing-songs a lot of conversations...especially when she's playing alone. "I love my mama. I love my dad-deeeeee! My 'Lijey is my brudder! Lukey and I-ick are my brud-derrrrrrrrs! I plaaaaaying! I hold my ba-beeeeee..." When she's not making up songs, other favorites include the ABC's, Jesus Loves Me, and the Dora the Explorer theme song.


After caroling several times, Sadie began to pick up on some of the songs. By far her favorite was, "Joy to the world, the Lord is come. The earth receive her butterflies!"


Mike complimented Sadie on something she did, "Sadie, you're smart!" Sadie replied, "Yes! I am pretty!"


She loves to brush hair - hers and mine - while we snuggle in my bed. It's become our nightly ritual while I read her stories and sing songs. Then just before we hear daddy and the boys coming upstairs, we hide under the covers and daddy comes in yawning, "I'm so tired...I think I'll lie down on my bed!" Then we get squished...so. funny. every. time.


We laugh at her high pitched, girly voice then laugh even harder at her pretending-to-be-a-baby voice when she goes a few pitches higher.


Sadie often argues with herself in two distinct voices while she's playing alone. The argument almost always goes this way, "No, I not. Yes, I am. No, I not. Yes, I am. No, I not."


We answer Sadie's "foot phones" or she answers them herself, "Hello, foot!" as she puts her feet on the sides of her face.


Over the past few months, Sadie has picked up counting...she does pretty good all the way up to twenty-nine usually skipping fifteen. Then she continues, "Twenty-ten, twenty-eleven, twenty-twelve..."


Oh, Sadie...what did we ever do without you???

1 comment:

Olivia said...

She is truly opening up all that personality to 'outsiders' as well. How can it be that Sadie will be three this year?!