Tuesday, April 9, 2013

{Change One Thing} Kid's Bathroom Stool

It's time for {Change One Thing} again!  And this week is full of color and oh, boy, do I love color!!!
 
But first...What is {Change One Thing}? 
 
The idea is that you shop your house (because we are frugal and it will make us see and think differently!) for one thing you can change that will make an impact in what you see day in and day out. It could be any kind of change, big or little, like a different picture next to your reading chair, or moving your potted plant to the dining room table, or swapping a rug or piece of furniture from one room to another...

You decide what one thing will brighten your day because little things do matter.
 
A little background this week... We moved into our home about a year and a half ago.  The wall colors were mostly all neutral enough for me to live with and even like quite a bit.  I was happy that we didn't need to do a whole lot of painting initially.  
 
Looking back, it seems that life has moved at whirlwind pace since we unpacked our moving truck and I am so ready to dive in and really make this house our home.  It feels like we've lived here forever and that's a good thing.  But now I know this house.  I know how the light hits each room during each season.  I know how we use each room.  I have a pretty clear direction as to where my decorating style is going and how it could work in this house.  And now I want to put my personal stamp on it!
 

This is our kid's bathroom.  Our home was built in 1968 and still has the vintage tiles to prove it.  But we work with what we have and we are grateful!  It does help that most of it is still in nice condition, too!  After a fresh coat of white paint, this bathroom will be crisp, clean, and colorful!!!
 
I bought new towels for the kids today.  Each kiddo will get their own color mostly so I will know who has left their wet towel laying on the hardwood floor...ahem...
 
And so, here is my one thing...

 
This wooden stool was a $12 find at an antiques mall many years ago.  I painted it black to coordinate with our bathroom at our old house.
 
 
One sample can of "Vintage Teal" paint by Valspar that was all ready in my paint stash...
 
 
So pretty now...

 
Bring on the color!!!
 
Won't you join me and "Change One Thing?"

If you do, please leave a comment and a link to your blog post!!! I'd love to see what changes you make!

2 comments:

Traci Michele said...

I love all the color great job!!!

Sarah Elliott said...

Love the stool and towels and the one thing idea! You continue to inspire me as I make my "new" house into our home.